Blog Archive

Monday 13 February 2012

Pattern, using squared paper. Part 1

I have been tidying up all my art/craft things since moving in to my new studio. I am amazed at some of the old things I am finding, under piles of junk, and at the back of cupboards!!
One of my finds has been some pattern books I did many years ago. These are old maths books, just pages of squared paper. I filled them with patterns, using felt tipped pens.
Here is one example........


They all started life as this........

Every single one is different, in terms of design, proportions and colours used. Here are some more of the finished designs.......





There are 3 other blog posts where I show you more of these designs. Some of my favourite ones are on the other posts....so don't stop here!!!....keep going and have a look at part 2, part 3 and part 4...hopefully you will be inspired and want to have a go at this technique.

IT AMAZES ME THAT SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE LOOKED AT THIS POST, YET HARDLY ANYONE LOOKS AT THE OTHER  ONES I HAVE DONE, FOLLOWING ON FROM THIS ONE. SO HAVE A LOOK AT PARTS 2 , 3 AND 4 . THEY ARE JUST AS INTERESTING!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment