Blog Archive

Monday 2 April 2012

Black and grey cushions

Here is another pair of cushions that I have made.  These are strong dark colours, mainly blacks and greys. They would look good in a contemporary home.


I forgot to take my usual step by step photos with these, so I can only show you the finished results.


They are made from a contrasting range of fabrics, some shiny and some with texture and pattern. These are a good exercise in recycling as some of the tweedy looking fabric was from unwanted trousers and skirts.The fabric is as good as new, as the items had hardly been worn.




You can see from this close up that I have sewn through some of the layers of fabric to give it a ruched/crinkled look. This works especially well with the shiny grey velvet material.


In the next close up you can see that I covered the entire surface with some black glittery netting. I thought this tied it all together and gave it an  interesting and unusual surface.



I shall put these up for sale on Folksy. I haven't sold a single thing through Folksy yet, so I am not very impressed with it. To be fair I have only put about 6 items on there, as I sell my cushions in other places. If anyone knows any tips for making Folksy work please pass them on. Any help would be appreciated. Is Etsy better....?



No comments:

Post a Comment