Blog Archive

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Millions of butterflies!

I sell various craft packs online, via eBay, and also at craft fairs. I am probably going to set up an artycraftythings website to sell them directly from as well. 


One thing that is always popular is butterflies. I have a selection of punches, to make a range of different shaped butterflies.
 I cut them out from shiny metallic, mirror, holographic and pearlescent papers. I also use glitter paper and a range of coloured card. Sometimes I paint up thin card with pearlescent paint, or gouache topped with glitter paint. There is a lot of variety.


People buy these to decorate cards, to put on wrapping paper, to decorate around a mirror or a corner of their room. Sometimes lots of butterflies are used as table confetti at parties and weddings.


Here are some cut up and ready to be packaged.




Here they are in the packs. I put 100 in a pack. These are mixed sizes, and have a linking colour scheme. Sometimes I do hot colours, or cold colours. Some are just gold and silver. Some are just shades of pink, or blue or green.....  Some packs are pastel shades, and some are bright colours.

The packs ..... with my artycraftythings logo on the top!



 I have found butterflies to be so popular, that I am working on some designs for butterfly greetings cards, and possibly wrapping paper/cardmaking paper. Watch this space!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment