Blog Archive

Thursday 15 March 2012

ACEO. Tabby cat

Here is one more ACEO that I have done.  This is copied from my greetings card of a tabby cat. The cat is Sherry who died a few years ago. She lived to be 17, and was a fantastic friendly cat. She was a family cat, but was especially attached to my youngest daughter,Suzy.


I shall probably put this one up for sale soon. I am waiting to see what sort of price I get for the ones I have already put on eBay auction. I am really new to all of this, so have no idea about the value of these things!


The greetings card this is taken from, is this one. I have painted it almost the same, but left out the flowers. Remember, the work is only 2 and a half by 3 and a half inches for an ACEO ......so that makes them fairly fiddly to do. I have to wear my 2x magnifying glasses, plus use a 00 and smaller brushes.

Its quite fun to do something on this scale. I have done so many massive canvas paintings, this is quite a contrast to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment