Blog Archive

Friday 9 March 2012

ACEO's Parrot paintings

I recently discovered ACEO's. These are miniature paintings which have a standard size of 2 and a half by 3 and a half inches.  ACEO stands for Art Cards Editions and Originals.


I thought I would have a go, so decided for my first ones to copy some sections from one of my greetings cards, My Parrot greetings card has always been popular, so I redid the parrots. They are very similar to the original, although I have changed some of the colours a bit , and added or removed bits of foliage.  You have to paint the whole thing with a size 0 brush, and some bits with a 00, It is quite fiddly to work at this scale.


I shall put these up for sale on eBay soon.  eBay is where the trend for these started.  Some get sold for a lot of money ( but most don't !!  ). I have seen some amazing stuff on there, and lets be honest, some total rubbish too!! 


Here are the ACEO cards with the original greetings card, so you can see the scale. They look like I have just cut another card up, at first glance. However, they are brand new paintings.


So here they are....




No comments:

Post a Comment