Blog Archive

Sunday 8 January 2012

Cushion from fabric odds and ends

I always seem to have lots of smallish bits of fabric. It is a good idea sometimes just to throw them all in a pile, and see which bits work together.


Right then....there is a cushion in here somewhere!!


First, I shall cut them in to lots of small bits, and sew them in to strips. 4 strips should be enough.



Then I shall add some pintucks, to make the surface more interesting.


I don't want the cushion to be squares all over, so I shall add some larger bits on to the sides.

I shall sew some ridges and pintucks in to these fabrics as well.  Then add a few rows of ribbons and lace to add interest.  At this stage it is far too wide to be a cushion, but I am going to gather up the surface, to give a crinkled effect.


I've now sewn some ribbon around the edge. I've put on a back,a zip and added a cushion pad. Its now a proper cushion!  


And here is proof that it is a nice comfy cushion.........Pepper is fast asleep here!
 Sssssh don't wake him up!

No comments:

Post a Comment