Blog Archive

Sunday 20 January 2013

Wedding day butterfly confetti, wishing tree and place name tags

I have sold lots and lots of butterflies in my eBay store!!  Some are used for card making, but most go as wedding confetti. The most favourite colour, by a long way, has been purple.  That is "favorite color"  for those reading this in the USA!!  

It is quite interesting to see what colours are popular, and which are not. Pink sells fairly well, but yellow and green do not. When I started selling my butterflies, I made equal amounts of all colours, but soon learnt that some would go quickly and others I would struggle to sell.

I have decided to increase the range and variety of items available for this years weddings! I will focus initially on purple and lilac, as it is the best seller.

This, below, is an item I made to sell in my eBay shop.



The above picture shows the new butterflies, place name cards and wishing tree hearts.

I have used an embossing technique to create the decorative butterflies.
I used this stamp of a butterfly. This is from a set called Papillon Potpourri by Stampin Up.



The technique involves stamping the image using clear Versamark ink, on to purple card. This is then covered with lilac embossing powder , and heated, with a heat gun, until it melts.  The butterfly is then cut out with a butterfly shaped punch ( also by stampin Up ) that matches the shape exactly.  I  have produced many sheets of these!


The butterflies are then added to place name cards and to wishing tree hearts. The place name cards I bought ready made, whereas the hearts I cut out on my Sissix Bigshot. I have made them available in white and ivory, which seem to be the most popular colours.  I used a dauber and lilac ink to put a colour around the edges. This gives them a bit more definition. I added some ivory satin ribbon to the hearts.



I have also made some matching table confetti. This is a selection of the embossed butterflies plus plain lilac and plain purple. These can be scattered around the tables.


 I had these up for sale for awhile, and sold a moderate amount. However,these are no longer available for sale through eBay. The sales slowed down, and it no longer seemed worth keeping the listing running.

 To update......... I now have a store on Etsy called artycraftythings. Have a look, by clicking   here  to see the items that I sell. I will keep developing this as my main online site. I will specialize in wedding and event items, such as these.  The eBay shop will also continue.




2 comments:

  1. Are you still selling the hearts with the purple butterflies on. I can't find them on ebay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your interest. However I had to take these off my eBay store. Partly due to a decrease in sales. However, the main reason was the time it took me to make them . There are several processes involved, and drying time needed. I did not price them high enough to justify the time they took. However if I took my time in to account I would have had to double the price....and then nobody would have bought them anyway!!!

    ReplyDelete