Blog Archive

Monday 31 December 2012

Australia. Images of Uluru and the Outback.

Here it is midwinter.The sky is grey, the days are dark and short. It has rained continuously for weeks, and lots of places are flooded. Ooooh how I hate the winter!! We haven't had any snow yet...but give it time!

So my thoughts go to warmer and more attractive places that I have visited recently. The exact opposite to England's dull greyness has to be the warmth and vibrant colours of the Australian Outback.

Here is a photo of me at Uluru, the amazing big red rock in the centre of the country.

The colours of the rock change a lot during the day. The photo below was taken as the sun was going down. The red gets really intense, as if it is on fire!

During the day the sky is clear and a really bright deep blue. On this photo you can see the moon. You can also see the rough texture of the rock surface that has been weathered  over time.

The whole area around Uluru is dramatic. I took so many photos!

The colours of the Outback inspire me as an artist. The deep rich reds of the earth with the pale yellow dried up foliage and black burnt trees. The deep blue sky and brightness that casts deep shadows. 


The photo above was taken at Kata Tjuta, which is not as "famous" as Uluru, but is just as spectacular.



There is a lot of signs along the road, suggesting kangaroos are around...but we did not really see any despite all the miles we drove round the outback. I had to have my photo taken with the kangaroo sign though! 

I wish I was back there now!  I shall preserve all the memories in some paintings which will be shown on this blog one day, when I get the time to do them......



No comments:

Post a Comment