Blog Archive

Sunday 12 February 2012

Painting from photo. Barbados beach

Continuing on from  yesterday, about artistic inspiration from Barbados.
Here are some photos I took of the wild Atlantic ocean , east coast beaches. I think Barbados has some amazing beaches. The contrast from the touristy calm Caribbean ones on the west, to these on the east is huge. It is too dangerous to swim here but just walking along the beach is fantastic. The massive waves come in really quickly, and make so much noise!






Here is a very textured painting I did from these photos. It is painted on canvas using acrylic paint. I put a layer of tissue paper on before the paint. I scrunched it up and applied it with watered down PVA glue. You must add water because it ensures the glue sinks in to the paper. Also, when it dries it shrinks to give a tighter surface.
I also added some sand and PVA to the rocks as I painted them.
I have sold this painting. It was one of those that is hard to part with. But I can always do another one for myself one day!


Here are a few close ups so you can see the texture of the painting.  The tissue paper gives a good overall texture. this is enhanced by dry brushing carefully over it to pick out some of the detail.











No comments:

Post a Comment