Blog Archive

Thursday 6 December 2012

Greetings card designs, using rubber stamping, punches and collage.

This post follows on from my previous one!

In the previous post I designed some colourful papers, and I showed you the step by step technique. Have a look at this first if you missed it!!!
I have now printed them, with 2 designs on each A4 sheet.


I  made some greetings cards using these papers, plus punched papers and rubber stamping. I did 2 cards based around a flowerpot design, and 2 that are just patterns.

Each card is a mixture of the papers I printed, collaged in layers with some plain and rubber stamped designs. The only painting was a shadow line on the terracotta flowerpot. The designs were either handcut, or punched out, after the rubber stamping.

Here are the patterned ones. They are fairly simple, with a rustic shabby chic feel to them!!


The first flowerpot design. This photo has somewhat bleached out the pale yellow flower at the bottom of the pot...but you get the general idea!!  

This one is probably my favourite. I like the contrast of the blues with the terracotta. I focused a bit more on overall pattern which worked to tie all the shapes up together.


I shall expand this theme in future posts. I am getting quite hooked on rubber stamping mixed with other art techniques. On its own I find stamping quite limiting, so am trying to find some new ways to work with the medium....I am also spending a fortune on buying rubber stamps, and a variety of inks etc. Obviously, I have to experiment to find the brands and types that work best!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment