Blog Archive

Friday 22 November 2013

Pattern in India

This is my second blog post about my holiday to India. I traveled around Rajasthan just over a month ago, with my youngest daughter. It was our second visit to India. We all went, as a family, about 10 years ago, to Goa. I always wanted to see the Taj Mahal...and I finally did !

Here is a photo of myself and daughter, Suzy, with the famous monument.


One of the most interesting things about India is the fantastic detail in design. As an artist I am continually looking for inspiration. To see so much intricate and beautiful pattern on buildings was so fascinating.
So here are a few details we observed. I am sure I will use some of these as inspiration for both my art work and textile designs.  Some of these are from famous monuments, and others just from some of the hotels we stayed in. Pattern is everywhere!





The one above and below are from our hotel in Jaipur.











The one above is  made from mirrors












No comments:

Post a Comment