Blog Archive

Saturday 14 June 2014

Paintings of Tigers

I have just completed 3 more paintings of tigers.



The paintings have all been done in a mixed media style. They are mainly acrylic but I have added detail with black and white pens. You can see this a bit more clearly in the close ups.



This is a very time consuming way of painting. I usually do this on my tiny ACEO paintings, which still takes several hours. Doing it on a larger painting takes forever!! The painting is built up in many layers, firstly with the acrylic paint and  then overworking everything with the pens, These paintings are all 10 x 12 ins ( in the mount) so not massive but still large enough to take plenty of time. However, I enjoy the process, although don't do too much in any one sitting.

This one is for sale on Etsy . Have a look    by clicking here



Here is another painting



and some close ups to show detail




This one is also for sale on Etsy . You can see it  by clicking here



My third  painting is this one 




Here are some close ups showing technique





You can buy this on Etsy by clicking here

Thank you for looking at my Tiger paintings. I am always saddened by the possibility that these beautiful creatures could face extinction. We must ensure that we keep the tigers, as they are beautiful and majestic creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment