Blog Archive

Friday 10 February 2012

Painting. Textured abstracts, part 2

This is a continuation from my post on February 9th, about textured abstract paintings. I love the freedom of painting in this style. I do a lot of careful, accurate detailed stuff for my floral paintings, so it is nice to have a change. It is nice to do a painting where there is really no right or wrong. The painting just is, what it is !


Below are 2 paintings I did a few years ago. These are not for sale. They hang in our bedroom, right opposite the bed, so are the first thing I see every morning. They still fascinate me. My eyes follow the lines across from one painting to the other.




Here is another one called Earthlines. I think I called it that due to the colours used. I really can't remember!  This one is available on Mini Gallery


On all these paintings I have used the techniques mentioned in my previous post.

Here is one more, but with a completely different use of colour. This one is called Lava Flow. I sold it about a year ago, from my Mini Gallery site. I have used a lot of hessian on the surface to add to the other texture effects. 


No comments:

Post a Comment