Blog Archive

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Shabby chic floral cushion.

I decided to make a very traditional floral, shabby chic style, cushion. I have lots of beautiful flowery fabrics, so searched for two prints that complimented each other.



The first task was to sew some cotton lace ( broderie anglais style )  to the edges of  one of my fabrics. These were to be the decorative panels.



The panels will sit in the middle of the cushion. However, they needed another element, so I added a row of darker coloured ribbon.

I then added some wadding to the back of the central panel. I simply sewed three rows of stitching through this to give the cushion some texture, and make it look more interesting.



And here it is my finished cushion. It has a cream coloured back panel and some brown ribbon trim.






No comments:

Post a Comment