Blog Archive

Friday 27 April 2012

ACEO painting. Maine Coon tabby cat.

Here is my latest ACEO painting. I still find it strange working on such a tiny scale!  They are only 2 and a half by 3 and a half inches in size.  You have to do most of it with a size 000 brush, to get all the layers of fur and texture in.

I sell these on eBay, where you can find hundreds of ACEO's.  Cats seem to be a popular subject, which is pretty good for a cat mad person like me.

This one is based on Brandy, my female Maine Coon cat. My other 3 are male ,and all much bigger and twice as heavy as her. 



Here is a photo of Brandy. She has her bed on top of the kitchen cupboards. She feels nice and safe up there. The end of our kitchen has a conservatory roof so she can lie on her bed and watch the birds fly over! 


No comments:

Post a Comment