Blog Archive

Sunday 22 April 2012

My old paintings. Part 2. Gardens.

Continuing from my last blog post. I have been going through a lot of old paintings I did about 20 years ago. Some look awful now, and some are still very much the way I still paint. Here are 3 more paintings, done on a theme of gardens.


The first one is based on a Cotswold garden. We used to live in this area, and I have lots and lots of paintings of the Cotswolds, which I will put in to another blog post soon. I love the colour of the stone, and the fact the area is still fairly rural and unspoilt.



The second two paintings are ( as far as I can remember! ) sort of made up scenes. They are not of any particular place. I think the first one was probably influenced by somewhere, but the second one is entirely fantasy!  I love the colours of the second one. Up close there are just so many colours blended in to it.



I shall continue the old paintings theme....watch this space!!

Comments always appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment