Blog Archive

Monday 30 April 2012

ACEO Silver tabby Maine Coon painting

I decided to do another ACEO cat painting. This time it was my beautiful silver tabby, Pepper who I decided to paint. He is a very photogenic cat. He almost poses for the camera, so I knew he would be good to paint a picture of.

I've said it before, but working on such a tiny scale still seems odd to me. If you haven't read my other posts about ACEO's , you won't know what I am on about.....basically, these are set at a small size of 2 and a half by 3 and a half inches, by collectors. There is quite a market for them, and masses are sold through eBay.

I only started recently, but have been selling a few. It takes a while to get good money for these, like most art, its your name and perceived value that sells. One day maybe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,??!!

Anyway here is Pepper, with his usual cheeky look! He is the sweetest cuddliest, attention seeking demanding cat....but seriously cute!



And here are a couple of photos of him too.


I enjoyed doing my Pepper painting so much, that I have already started another, quite similar one. I will put it on here when its done. I have done all of them now except Cocoa my black and white ( tuxedo ) cat. I think his colouring is probably going to be the most difficult to do. 





No comments:

Post a Comment