Blog Archive

Thursday 24 May 2012

Chelsea Flower show. Creative craft items.Part 1

I went to the Chelsea flower show on Tuesday. The sun shone and it was a really lovely day. My main reason for my visit was to take masses of photos of flowers, to inspire my art work. I took enough photos to virtually fill the hard drive, so no excuses for lack of ideas for awhile!


I also was really inspired by some of the artists and craftspeople exhibiting there. It is so exciting to see such high level creativity all in one place. There were so many sculptures aimed at the garden market, and at people with quite a lot of money. None of this stuff was cheap, infact most of it was incredibly expensive. 


Here are a few that I particularly liked.



 This horse is life sized. It is made from old car parts and mechanical junk all welded together. It must weigh a ton!





 This water feature is stunning. It is based on a seed pod. 



As you enter the exhibition, this huge glass Agapanthus is one of the first things you see. It towers over most of the other exhibits. I imagine it would look amazing at night with all the lights on.


Another lifesize horse ( and a smaller version). This is made of driftwood and small bits of tree trunk and branches. I cannot imagine having this in my garden somehow.


The next one is from the same artist. Two fighting stags, lifesize, and totally awesome.

These geese are lifesize. They are made from tangled wire. The artist had a selection of several other creatures all made in the same way.


Here is a wind sculpture. It is quite large. I don't think this photo actually shows all the colours and textures on it that well. It had a lovely weathered look.


There was so much good stuff at Chelsea that I shall do another blog post on it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment