Blog Archive

Friday 25 May 2012

Chelsea Flower show. Creative craft items. Part 2

Continuing my look at some of the creative stuff  at Chelsea Flower show. If you missed the first one, scroll down, as I did it yesterday.


Here are a few more of my favourite exhibits at the show....apart from all the amazing flowers, that is....!


Sometimes the most simple idea are the most effective. I was really drawn to these glass topped tables, with hippos half above and half below the surface.


Here is a brilliant water feature. It looks like the top is floating on columns of water. In reality there are clear plastic tubes....oh!dear I've spoiled it now!




Continuing the theme of tables, here are two brilliant ones. Both just showcase nature as it is. The glass topped table is supported by lots of dried wood.all muted colours and looking like driftwood. The second one I really could have bought ( if I was rich!! ) as it is one of the best side tables I have ever seen. It is simply, some beautifully grained wood encased in  rectangular resin, to make a solid table shape. I really wanted that one!


Here is a pair of garden sculptures, made from lovely weathered and green tinted metal. Probably copper or bronze ( I am no expert on metals, as you can tell ! ). 

And lastly the most perfect bird bath covered in frogs. Also one, that is more traditional with birds on it. Again, simple ideas are sometimes the most effective.





No comments:

Post a Comment