Blog Archive

Sunday 10 June 2012

Painting lions and tigers. Part 1

I decided to have a break from painting my beloved Maine Coon moggies for a change. I am still on the theme of cats, but I have gone for the biggest ones!! 

I have just completed 2 more ACEO paintings. I have started 4 of them ( 2of lions and 2 of tigers ) but the second pair are not quite finished.  That's why this blog is Part 1, as Part 2 will follow tomorrow(ish) when I finish the others.

I really enjoyed doing these paintings. There is so much rugged texture on the big cats. Their face shape is a lot longer than the domestic cat. I especially liked doing the tiger because of the contrasting markings. I am going to re do the tiger on a larger scale for a greetings card.

So here they are.....



The lion is for sale on eBay, click here



The original of this tiger has been sold, but you can buy an ACEO size print on eBay, please click here

Remember, these are only tiny, tiny paintings. They are 2 and a half by 3 and a half inches in size. I use a selection of really small brushes. I started off with a 2 then an 00, then detailed up with a 000, and all the tiny final detail with an 0000.

They are painted in Chromacolour. I think I should get a job for that company as I am advertising their paint by doing this!!  If you work for Chromacolour please get in touch!!

As usual comments are appreciated. Thanks!


1 comment: