Blog Archive

Saturday 21 July 2012

Animal sculpture from metal and scrap materials

I visited Art in Action ( 2 days ago ) and saw some really interesting sculptures made from scrap  materials.


They are life-size creatures made from all sorts of metal scrap.



This horse is made from cut up beer cans as you can see from the close up below.




I like the feature of the car headlights on this one, and the transparency of the whole creature against the sunshine.


 This one is like a small dragon like horse. At least you could put out a fire with part of this one!







I have featured other scrap metal animals on previous blogs. I think the ones at Chelsea flower show were better than these. To see this post click here        The Chelsea ones used a wider range of materials, and were much more solid.

I did quite a lot of sculpture work, using metals, when I was teaching Art. I know how difficult and time consuming this work is...so I am always impressed by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment