Blog Archive

Saturday 6 October 2012

Paintings of cats and tigers

I haven't done any blog posts for ages due to "technical problems", as they say. In other words, my computer was playing up, and it took sooooooooooo long to do anything on it, that I was spending about an hour to get a blog post out.

Anyway, it has now been rebuilt and is better than ever, so I need to get back to blogging again.

I have done a few ACEO paintings recently.


The first one was done as a commission for a local lady, of her cat called Sherry.This was really fun to paint as there are so many colours in the cats face. Sherry was a lovely friendly cat, and I was pleased with the result. I also painted another one for the same lady, of a deceased cat. I had to do this from 2 small photos, and I was really unhappy with the outcome. To paint a cat portrait you really need to see the actual cat. 

The next one is based on my tabby , Brandy. I have painted her many times, but this is one of my best attempts, I think.



I have also done one more tiger, as they seem popular. I sold my last two to somebody in Norway. Quite a few have been sold to the USA recently too. I wonder where this one will turn up!!





Comments always appreciated.

Also if you live near me ( Hampshire or Berkshire in England ) and you want a cat portrait done, please get in touch!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment