Blog Archive

Saturday 13 April 2013

Painting orchids

I have recently completed 2 new paintings of orchids. These have been done in my usual vibrant colourful style. The paintings are based on some photos I took last summer. 



I have painted the pale pink orchid in a way that shows off the subtle changes of colour, and reflects the deeper pink background. The swirling pinks in the background also draws your eye around the painting. I have used chromacolour, which is a type of liquid acrylic.



My second orchid painting has been painted in a similar style. I have used a purple background as strong contrast to the soft yellow flowers.


Here are 2 close up sections so you can see the technique used. I have worked in small dabs of overlaid paint, to build up texture and detail.





Both designs have been made in to greetings cards. I sell a range of my floral cards at craft fairs and through florists, garden centres and shops. I also sell some on my website.


You can buy these cards in my Etsy shop by clicking here



2 comments:

  1. look really great as cards xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, your kind comment is appreciated!

      Delete