Blog Archive

Sunday 28 April 2013

Paintings of cats. ACEO size

I have just completed some more ACEO size cat paintings. I was doing quite a few of these last year, but needed a break from them!
ACEOs, for those who have forgotten, are tiny paintings. They are only 2 and a half by 3 and a half inches in size.
I put a lot of detail in to my cat paintings, so they take me over 2 hours to paint each one, despite being so small. As the colours are similar, I tend to do these all at the same time, moving from one painting to another.

So here are my new ones. I have put them up for sale on eBay, where the trend for these started. This is where I have sold most of my previous ACEOs.



This one is a brown tabby. it is "sort of" based on my tabby Brandy, but I have changed the colouring on the face to a much darker effect, than she has.

You can buy this   here    for the next week or so, only.


My next painting is 

I have never done a pure white cat before. The painting started as pale grey, to give depth and shadow. I then built up the white fur texture. I did a bit of beige colour around the mouth area to break it up a bit though, as it was too white!  It is not really based on any particular cat. I made this one up!

You can buy this one here   while it is available in the next week ( ish )


My third one is 


This is a painting of Pepper, my silver Maine Coon. It really looks like him, so I am pleased with this one the most.  The photo below shows you the likeness. Obviously not every detail of his marking is exactly the same, but I think I have caught his expresssion.

You can buy this here  again, just for a short time




My  last painting is a strong image of a black and white cat.

This is not my black and white Maine Coon, Cocoa, as he has different markings. It is influenced by him, though. The way his eyes stand out so strongly in bright light. It was difficult to do the black fur totally black, so I have added red and brown tones. Cocoa looks quite rust coloured in bright sunlight. His father was a ginger cat, so maybe he inherited a bit from there!


This is available here while the current auction is on.


I also have a few older ACEOs that did not sell before available. A ginger cat, a lion and a tiger.

Comments always appreciated...!

No comments:

Post a Comment