Blog Archive

Saturday 8 November 2014

Windsor Contemporary Art Fair

I spent a few hours today visiting the Windsor Contemporary Art Fair. This is a fairly large and well attended event at  Windsor, in the events hall at the race course.
I cannot show all the talented artists here, but this is a selection of the work that attracted me the most. Where I can, I have put the artists name.



A nice idea by the Princes Trust. A lot of the artists did a miniature painting in their signature style, which was sold to raise money for charity.


Brightly coloured contemporary work with lots of detailing on the frames as well as the actual image.   Below a close up of my favourite one. Sorry I did not get the artists name.

Also showing was Anna Perlin with her strong bold landscapes, below.


I also loved the strong bold colours in the paintings by Sergei Ovcharuk.


Another artist whose work I admired was Jo Bunce. Most of her display was landscapes. However, I discovered some of her earlier work, hiding at the side of her display, of big bright contemporary florals and just loved the two paintings of irises shown below!   





I was impressed with the very individual and stylized paintings done by artist Alison Ingram. I had previously seen these in a magazine, so was thrilled to talk to her, and see more of her lovely work.  The way she mixes animals, big bold shapes and strong colours is stunning.






Also displaying work was Katharine Dove. She specializes in detailed mixed media paintings. There were several themes on show, but I especially liked her studies of buildings as shown below.





Next is the work of an amazingly talented wildlife artist, South African, Darryn Eggleton. His large and detailed studies of wild animals are fantastic. There is so much detail and character in the animal's faces. His work has to be seen! To be honest, I don't think my photos do it justice. In reality there is so much more to enjoy.






Below is the work of Amanda Stratford. She has a diverse , but interesting range of subject matter. 



Also viewed was  these superb figure studies, below. I love the light and shadows. Sorry, but I did not get the artists name here.

I have always admired the work of artist John Connolly. Like me, he is a former Art teacher! He has had work in a gallery I  have exhibited in, but this is the first time I actually met him. His work is all about dramatic, rugged landscapes and seascapes. It is often very textural, using sand and collage materials in the paint. It needs to be seen, in the exhibition, to fully appreciate the textures. My photo does not show them too well!



I also was very impressed with the brightly coloured wildlife paintings by Kim Thompson. Wow!! So much impact, plus fantastic well observed paintings. I also loved her baobab tree, shown below.





Next is Bridget Skanski, who does some lovely contemporary work both in paint and as textile art.
The textile one, at the bottom, really needs to be seen, to appreciate the hard work that has gone in to building up the layers of detail.




So this has been quite a long blog post today!!!   I have many other photos that I took, that I haven't included. I have focused on my favourites. I am planning on exhibiting at this event myself next year, so today was as much about checking out the event as it was checking out the art !!  I met some very friendly and interesting artists. I would highly recommend a visit to this exhibition if you have any spare time tomorrow. It is just open for this weekend.

I shall now have a look at the websites and Facebook pages of these artists. If anyone I have featured on here today wants me to put any links or extra information please contact me via my Facebook page Roz-Artz.

Thanks for looking. Comments always appreciated ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment