Blog Archive

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Yarn bombing on trees

I have recently started a painting inspired by yarn bombing  on trees!!!   It is not finished yet, so I won't publish all the details about it now....but I will when it is completed.

I find this kind of public art fascinating. It is often done by groups of people working together.  It brightens up a dull corner of a town or city....and is always a talking point !!   You just can't ignore it, or be cheered up by it.

Some is knitting and some is crochet. A lot seem to mix both styles. Some simply wrap the wool around the branches in places. Often it is made from old clothing, cut up and reshaped. Some is adorned with ribbons, flowers and other ornamentation. Whichever way it is done, it is always really colourful.

The following photos are not my own. I have taken them from various online sources. However, they are inspirational, so I thought I would put a group of them together, to perhaps inspire you to either have a go at this, or like me, maybe do some art based on it.
















No comments:

Post a Comment