Blog Archive

Saturday 14 January 2012

Photography.Sunset pictures.

Two of the most important things in my life are travel and photography. The two really go hand in hand!  I am very lucky because I have travelled all over the world, and seen masses of amazing and visually stunning things. 


I have things I particularly like taking pictures of. These include reflections in mirrored/shiny  buildings, reflections in still and rippled water, aerial photography (why I am miserable if I don't get a window seat on a plane!) interesting textures, especially rock formations and also vivid sunsets. 


So here are a few of my favourite sunset pictures.....



This was taken in the Chobe Delta in Botswana. My daughter and I were at the end a boat safari, as the sun was going down. I love the silhouetted shapes of trees in the river, and the way the sun's rays have been broken by a tree.




This was taken in Kuredu in the Maldives. My husband and I escaped during half term week, in February two years ago. We left cold, grey miserable England behind us. This was what greeted us as we arrived in paradise. It just sums up for me the value of going somewhere warm in the winter, and why it is such a fantastic thing to do. Wish I was there now!




I took this one in Kakadu, in Northern Australia. I just managed to capture the massive crocodile as he swam past. These are the largest crocs I have ever seen..they are truly enormous!




This was taken a few years ago in Lake Garda in Italy. As the sun was going down this huge thundercloud started to build. It had been really hot and humid all day, so we expected a big thunderstorm.  I love the way the sunset colours are all over the cloud, like a great ball of fire.







1 comment: