Blog Archive

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Pink and green cushions

I have just made a pair of cushions. I wanted to try a different technique. I thought I would do something with a padded appliqued look. So I found some lovely pastel coloured fabrics and some wadding. 

The pink fabric is the main colour. I decided to make some heart shapes out of the green fabric. So I drew 18 heart shapes on to some Bondaweb. I then ironed this on to the back of my green fabric. Then I had the fun job of cutting out all the shapes!
I peeled off the Bondaweb , and ironed the sticky side on to my pink fabric. I then put the wadding material underneath and stitched through all the layers to give a quilted effect.


I then used a blanket stitch on the machine to edge all the hearts. Once I had done this I sewed some pink and lilac buttons on.

The final stages of the cushion were to put an edge trim of the green fabric all the way around, and then to add on a pink back to turn them in to cushions.


Here is my beautiful tabby girl, Brandy, having a sleep next to the cushions.

I quite enjoyed making these today. I have not done anything with applique for ages,



No comments:

Post a Comment