Blog Archive

Sunday 24 June 2012

Art fair in London

This continues on from my previous post, about the summer Art fair at the Landmark centre in Teddington.


Here are some more examples of paintings at the exhibition.




This selection really is striking in the use of light and shadows. The top photo shows a really good range of landscape works, with the emphasis on how the light breaks up the surface.  They are painted in an impressionistic way, similar to my own style, so I was very drawn to this work.  The bottom photo is actually by a different artist...but what a superb piece of observation and pattern!


You need a bright sunny day to do this sort of work though! 




As a floral artist, I was impressed by this work. It is a large painting, and has such a feel of depth about it. Your eyes just wander through the branches!




These two exhibits are very different, but both deserve a mention.
The top one is just a corner out of a big display of similar works. The artist has a wonderful use of colour and texture. The mood of the paintings is that of prehistoric cave paintings mixed with mythical creatures, and in my opinion, a feel of aboriginal art to them as well.
The lower paintings of turquoise seas and moody skies are beautifully and carefully painted. The artist has exaggerated contrasts of light so well. The water is believable and has a transparent feel to it. Really clever stuff!!




These are the sort of paintings you just cannot walk past and ignore, especially the bottom one! 
What a lovely stylized way to do a horse painting. Brilliant!!!


My last selection is of some very wonky London landmarks!  I like to see work that is a bit quirky and different..this was!  I like most of it. I am not sure about the sunset behind Tower bridge though. To be fair there are very few sunset pictures that I like!
This is strong bold work, and like all successful art it is remembered.




There was lots of other art at the show, which I haven't got time to put in the blog. This lot were the ones that appealed to me the most, plus the wet weather ones I wrote about yesterday.





No comments:

Post a Comment